Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Kaleidoscope Pillow


I'm so glad I was able to cross this project off my to-do list this week. If you follow me on Facebook, you've already gotten a little sneak peek. I had been wanting to make a Kaleidoscope pillow ever since I saw Angela's last year. Then I saw Jeni's and she included the link on where to buy the special ruler needed to make the blocks. I was thrilled! The ruler comes with instructions on how to make the blocks.








I used 6" blocks to make an 18" pillow and I decided it was time to use my entire Flea Market Fancy collection. I am in love with the combination of my favorite fabric line and my new favorite pattern. I plan to make one more pillow using my FMF to complete my spring set of three!

In other news, I've been teaching myself how to knit. I have a bucket list of things I want to achieve before I turn 30 (and I'm turning 28 in a couple of weeks so I need to get crackin!). I've crossed crochet and sewing off my list and the things that remain are knitting, learning French, and learning to play the piano. I am one step closer to crossing another thing off the list! Wish me luck!!

15 comments:

  1. oh bonnie! i really love it! it is perfect and i love the quilting. super cute! great job! and what day is your birthday again? inquiring minds need to know! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cushion, and VERY well done with the knitting, cable isn't the easiest but you've done a great job!

    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I'd have to get waaay better at sewing before I could attempt something like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow !!

    Love this, great choice of fabrics , I would love you to share this over at my craft, create and inspire linky party...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow !!

    Love this, great choice of fabrics , I would love you to share this over at my craft, create and inspire linky party...

    ReplyDelete
  6. that cushion is fantastic, so many patterns, so very intricate

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous. The detail and the fabric choices are so yummy. Fingers crossed that I can convince my MIL to make one for me: Would be delighted for you to link up with us over at Mop It Up Mondays: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/06/mop-it-up-mondays-21-with-give-away.html

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pillow is beautiful and kudos for teaching yourself how to knit! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those colors and fabrics are so eyecatching. How long did it take to make this? I would love to try my hand at quilting again. It's been a long time. I found your post at Open Call Tuesday at Salt Tree. I hope you'll stop in and see me at Quirky Vistas.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. That turned out so beautiful, Bonnie! That pattern is no small task! Great fabric choices, too. Thank you so much for sharing with air your laundry Friday. xo Jami

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute pillow. I love the colors that you choose. I would love if you would share with my weekly linky party at Blog Stalking Thursday.
    http://thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com/2012/06/blog-stalking-thursday-46.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!